Commitment

Now it is my turn, my pleasure and my commitment to be there for her and with her, whatever it takes.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hospice for Mom

Wednesday 20th of March the Director of the Nursing home, approached me about putting mom on Hospice.

I had called the "Hospice - Circle of Love" on March 6th and they told me that she didn't qualify.  I asked if they had the reports on her renal failure from Dr. VJ.  I would have to sign a release to get the files sent to "Circle of Love".  I was getting up and the Director of Nurses came in the room and asked about Hospice and what was holding them up.  I told her my story.  She asked if I cared, I said NO and she said that Ross Health Care was very good about the pain management and the doctor had already approved mom.  So I said lets call them.  They were there within an hour to sign papers.   Shortly after signing, mom got a new bed with air mattress for bed sores.

The nurses have been up everyday.  Sometimes twice.  They have my mom now out of pain.  It is very painful to watch your mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment