Commitment

Now it is my turn, my pleasure and my commitment to be there for her and with her, whatever it takes.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

I've Learned...

The following is attributed to Andy Rooney of the 60 Minutes television program. He offers great advice and in less than 100 words sums up caregiving like nothing we have seen before. Here is what he reportedly said:

I've learned...
That being kind is more important than being right.
That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him/her in some other way.
That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
That the Lord didn't do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.
That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment