Commitment

Now it is my turn, my pleasure and my commitment to be there for her and with her, whatever it takes.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Thursday 25th of Aug

Morning
THIS morning I got up to check on her at 7 am. I gave her a whistle if she needed me in the night.
She was in the bathroom. She made it from the bed to the bathroom on her own.
She could not get up off the toilet. So I helped her into the wheel chair.
Wheeled her to the kitchen table. She would not eat breakfast. I finally fixed her an English muffin and she ate just about half.
She then fell asleep so I asked if she wanted to move to her chair. We got her in the chair, but she hasn't moved since.
She refused to go to Therapy this morning. I called and spoke with Don at therapy. He said that isn't the woman that was in here on Tuesday.
She is very depressed, My dad used to say "Why can't I just die" Well she said that this morning. She HATES that I have to wait on her. I am just really lost as what to do.
Evening
She sit in the recliner all day. She always goes to bed at 8:30 pm. 9:30 pm at the latest.
She just kept knitting and saying she was going to go to bed.
I finally went to bed about 11:30 pm.
At 2:00 am, I heard her, she had been trying to get out of her chair since 1:00 am
I got her in the wheel chair and got her in the bathroom, it was too late, but she need to change or clothes
She couldn't stand up so I told her I was going to call down stairs and get someone to come up and help her.
By the time help had come she had slid out of her wheel chair and was on the floor. Nurses here are not supposed
to lift. So they had to call a non-emgerency fire department to come and get her up off the floor.
So at 2:30 am I had 3 firemen, 2 nurses and a security guard in here trying to get her up.
Nurses got her clothes changed and got her in bed.
It's now it's 3:26 am and I am wide awake. Not knowing what my next step is.
Mom keeps trying so hard

No comments:

Post a Comment