Commitment

Now it is my turn, my pleasure and my commitment to be there for her and with her, whatever it takes.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mom's 1st Fall

Mom had been sleeping late. The retirement center calls every morning to check on the residents in independent living. They had already called and mom was asleep so I answered and pushed the #1 button to let them know that we were all right.

Mom was still sleeping and I would go and check on her periodically. She got up to go to the bathroom and lost her balance and slid down the door, hitting her head on the sink cabinet. She couldn’t get up. She didn’t have her emergency button. She would have stayed there all day until the night call would come in at 5 pm. Then there is no telling what she would have done. She didn’t hurt anything, just a bump on her head.

I am just so thankful that I was with her to call and get some help to get her up.

We spent the whole day at the hospital making sure that was nothing broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment